Z Planner – Freeware
Introducing Z Planner, personal project management freeware!
A powerful personal project management application to set goals, the list of tasks that lead to achieving that goal, all in your schedule in minutes!
There is a 20 minute learning curve, with a full tutorial that you can access from the software interface (Tutorial button).
Why Z Planner is worth trying (100% free, no adware, no signups…):
1. Project management theory applied to your personal schedule (task breakdown, quick rescheduling, single and recurrent reminders).
2. Not just a planning tool, but also a brainstorming tool because you can write out the list of tasks without interruption.
- You can write all the subtasks on the fly. Each time you hit ENTER, you can write the next one straight away.
- If you decide you want to make a task a final task with notes or duration, simply hit TAB once and it focuses on the final task checkbox. Hit SPACE and TAB and you can enter notes. TAB, then number of hours. TAB again, then the number of minutes. Then TAB and ENTER to validate.
- No fiddling with the mouse. No loading time.
- Then you can reorder tasks, break some down further (those that weren’t final tasks), and you have a step by step project automatically fitted in the time frames you specified, viewable in your schedule.
3. Late task management: What do you do when you get behind schedule? Do you re-copy tasks from your agenda? Forget them? Z Planner gives you 1-click access to tasks that you’ve fallen behind on so that you can:
- Get them done now.
- Reschedule them quickly (delete past time frames & create new ones).
- Reconsider doing them (sometimes things don’t seem so important the second time around).
Here is what a few users reported on their experience:
- All in all, I find zPlanner an indispensable tool in my everyday life. It helps me manage my time very efficiently, and I find that everything I read in time management books and manuals can be easily applied and integrated into the program. Read full review on CNET .
- This software makes me look good to my bosses! Read full review on CNET .
A process that generates ideas and sets the course.
“If I had six hours to chop down a tree, I would spend one hour sharpening my axe.” - Abraham Lincoln.
Breaking projects down into milestones and tasks, and breaking those tasks down into smaller tasks, is a thought process that generates ideas and makes you explore project details you might have overlooked by just starting on impulse. In the end, the result is more complete. It is better done, and it has ultimately taken you less time.
Once the tasks are broken down, they are automatically added to your schedule in the time frames you select for that project.
Download and try Z Planner now, and in 20-30 minutes (the time it takes to learn how to use it), you will have a powerful time and project management application you can use to achieve goals you never thought possible.
Z Planner is freeware, and you can download it here ! (tested junk free by cnet)
Win XP & Vista
Most Important Articles So Far
Underworld Reverse Insulin Resistance Personal Project Management Freeware
Free Weight Loss Plan Be More Creative... Play!
Finding Your Passion
There are many more! Better health, creativity, productivity, lifestyle and... games!
Strength | Creativity | Productivity | Lifestyle | Games
First time here? Read about the free software, tools and content that will make you stronger, more creative and more productive on the 2-0 home page!